РусскийEnglish

The "Hermit Park" project has a charity and tutorial objective. A certain part of its profit will be transferred into financing the "Warm Home" social charity foundation programs.

Foundation in detail

Lions Bridge

Russia, St. Petersburg

Lions Bridge was designed by the architect G. Tretter, one of the most prominent advocates of the early construction of chain bridges in the city. The lions were sculpted by P. Sokolov, who also created the sphinxes on the Egyptian Bridge and the griffins on Bank Bridge. The bridge spans Griboedov Canal at one of the many bends on its journey through the heart of the city. When it opened in July 1826, Lion Bridge was an innovation, because its support was hidden in the metal bodies of the four white cast-iron lions, which stand in majestic pairs at each end of the bridge. The shining gold and gray chains linking the lions at each end of the bridge make a powerful artistic impression. The elaborate railing style became particularly popular in Saint Petersburg and was used as a model for new bridges. This narrow footbridge is 22.44 meters long and about 2.26 meters wide.